Wednesday 15 May 2013

Kiddicare Woodland Baby Collection

A little while ago Finley and I were asked if we would like to try out and test some of Kiddicares lovely new woodland range! Knowing Kiddicare and their great products we of course agreed and were sent three lovely items. When I was pregnant I turned to Kiddicare and bought a lot of my little newborn essentials from Swaddle Blankets to a his Thermometer :D 


We were kindly sent the Woodland Playmat, Woodland Chime Ball and my favourite the Woodland Snuggle Blanket *

Our trusty postman delivered them and the first thing that we dived in and opened was the playmat, of course I had to let my little helper join in...I don't have a choice these days...he sees a letter, package and card and he has to open it! 
It is sooo much bigger than I imagined, when Finley was tiny we had a Lamaze foam mat and it was tiny in comparison to this. The mat itself has different textures for babies little fingers to explore and beautiful little characters dotted all over. Plus its patchwork...who doesn't like patchwork? We are currently using it as our reading mat in the living room, our floors are wooden throughout downstairs and its perfect for us to sit on whilst playing and reading our stories. Its lovely and plush so would definitely keep those little baby arms cushioned during tummy time....and may even encourage those tummy time tinkers (Finley was one) who aren't the biggest fans. I could see this being a perfect playmat to take you from newborn all the way through to toddler'hood.



When I saw a picture of the chime ball online I imagined it to be one of those spongy balls you can attach to a pram, about the size of a orange maybe but it is almost the size of a football! This really is to its advantage, Finley is loving it and is chasing it all around the house. He has since discovered throwing and I am so glad we have this, its light weight, soft and saves me chasing after him grabbing his humongous singing penguin off him before it lands on the cat! Its no wonder they want to be outdoors 24/7. The ball itself is squishy, and has all the same textures as the playmat, plus the little taggies and ropes that all little babies love....the same kind off attraction that they have to remote controls, telephones and keys??


My favourite of the three items was the Woodland Blanket - just look at that little owl face! Does anyone else have that one little animal that so appeals to them? I love the way they look, their round faces and squishy bellys...even our bedside table lamps are owls! So as you can imagine I was extremely happy to see this in the parcel, begrudgingly I parted with it for Finley....it was for him after all! What can I say, he has fallen in love. He used to have a little teddy blanket he slept with (I say used to because 'Teddy' has now been relegated to the bottom of his cot) but Little Squishy Owl has become his firm favourite. It all ties in with the theme and sports the same patchwork style and even and little hole underneath so you can use him as a puppet! I have been spying on the Kiddicare website and I am eyeing up a matching owl beanie teddy...which may just happen to end up living on my dressing table!

  

I was really impressed with this range and although everything is targeted from Newborn Finley is 16 months old and still getting some great use out of every item, I just wish they had been around when he was that little wobbly bobbly baby. 

I would highly recommend this range to all new mums, especially those who are expecting a surprise as the prints and colours are suitable for either a little boy or girl! A great idea would be if you are having a collection for a new mum in the office buy a few items from the set and present them as one big present bundle! Perfect!

 Here is a little secret for you, if we were to have had a little girl her room would have been a vintage woodland theme, with a massive tree wall mural hiding podgy owls and tiny robins. Bunting hanging allover the place and of course a giant patchwork bedspread! This set is perfect for anyone who is planing that theme or already has something similar.

Hope you enjoyed the review and thank you to Kiddicare for letting us get the chance to play and test a wonderful collection.

Love Kayleigh x

7 comments:

  1. Kiddicare does some amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kiddicare! I'm loving the chime ball, I think my little boy would love that.

    Hels XX

    http://babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I shall pop over to your blog now :) We love Kiddicare and they always have some great offers on, plus you can often find a discount code too xx

      Delete
  3. I love the mat, I just brought one and didn't even think to try kiddicare! Kicking myself now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is huge, the picture doesnt do it justice...wish we had it from the start as he will get so much wear out of it even from now. xx

      Delete
  4. This is super cute and looks so soft, I am so in 2 minds which play mat to get baby 3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so super soft! I love it because if Finley was still tiny I would have bought one of those wooden over head playgyms, that way we would have gotten double the usage out of it! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...