Monday 4 March 2013

Its time to go Green

Hands up how many of you are already going green or consider yourself an already fully fledged Eco Warrior? I ask for a very good reason as this week running from the 4th March 2013 - 10th March 2013 is Climate Week!

When I was asked by the lovely team over at Andrex to take part and join in I panicked a little, I think the word 'Eco' can sometimes sound a little intimidating and conjures up all sorts of images in my head. People living in tents in the woods, using leaves as toilet roll and only eating lentils. But after doing a little more research I soon realised that we all do our own little bit to be more Eco friendly almost every day...and it doesn't always have to involve leaves!

Look - No Leaves necessary
We already recycle all cardboard and plastics, we have a water meter to make us think about every drop we use and I also take the bus to work - meaning one less car on the road. There is probably so much more we all do but just don't think twice about it - it is becoming easier and easier to be a little more Eco friendly. Lets see how easy it will be as we commence with Climate week...

This week Andrex are sending out a Climate pack for me to use in the Bathroom so I can see just how much energy and water we use and more importantly we can save! Having Finley certainly has increased our 'Bathrrom traffic', more baths, teeth brushing and obligatory hand washing has no doubt had an effect on the bank balance but also on the environment too.

I will keep you all updated with how we get on and if the products we use are family friendly and ultimately if they help save us some money!

If you have any tips or advice how I can be a little more Green please let me know, or if you want to join in leave your comments below and keep a log of how you are doing!

I shall be back throughout the week with little updates on how we are coping and also if we are saving the pennies. 

Keep your eyes peeled for another competition also to win some more lovely goodies

Love Kayleigh x

2 comments:

  1. I've always done little things to reduce my ecological footprint, but this year I'm trying even more so to go green.

    Can't wait to read your updates :)

    -Cole
    http://youngmommymemoirs.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I have just done an update on how much water I used in one shower and it shocked me! I am always trying to go greener but ECO freindly products cost so much more over here in the UK, is it the same in the US? x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...