Friday 4 January 2013

Philip Kingsley PK Baby Shampoo and Bodywash Review

Hi Everyone, hope you are all settling nicely into the new year and sticking to all those new year resolutions you set :D I haven't been too strict with myself resolution wise, a few bloggers out there have set out to blog everyday till 31st December 2013!! Wow, I'm not sure if I could keep up the pace for a year of daily blogging like Mummy B. But I may do a few months here and there of daily blogging in the future :) What do you think?

Lets get cracking with today's post, it is a review for you all on a fab product I was kindly sent by the team over at Philip Kingsley. 

If your not too familiar with Philip Kingsley you can pop over to their website here, they are of course fronted by the main man Philip Kingsley who I would say is a Doctor of hair. They really concentrate on what treatment your hair needs to get it in tip top condition, whether your hair be over processed, damaged, long or short etc. 

I have been aware of Philip Kingsley for some time now, I received a sample size version of his famous Elasticizer treatment in a Glossybox months and months ago. And his products regularly feature on QVC, it can be really helpful watching his team give the presentation on QVC as they often give hints and tips on the best products for you. 

The review today is on the wonderful Philip Kingsley PK Baby Shampoo and Bodywash. 
 For some time now I have been chopping and changing Finley's bath products to see what suits his skin best, he has inherited my pale, sensitive skin and no doubt get my freckles in the future! He is also prone to developing dry patches on his scalp, you can still see them poking through as he hair is still so short and fair! I really don't think it will ever grow haha!

In the past I have used a range of shampoos and bodywashes from Johnsons, Simple Baby, Supermarket brands, The Bodyshop and Burts Bees. But PK baby is so far the best I have tried. 
Here are a few of my favourite things 

1. The product itself is in a pump bottle, with normal baby products they have to be picked up and poured over either a sponge or into your hand.  But with the pump it takes just one hand whilst keeping the other free to either distract a splashing Finley or if they are still super tiny support their head and keep them from wriggling around. 
2. Another feature of the bottle I like is the sturdy round base, I have found that Johnsons bottles for example when half empty tend to fall over and develop a wobbly bottom Eekkkk!
3. The shampoo/bodywash itself is almost a gel formula, it is thick and silky and when I rubbed it into Finley's hair for the first time I was so shocked to see how it almost went into a creme texture, from what I have read on their website this is to prevent it running into their tiny sensitive eyes. Great Idea!
4. It doubles up as a bubble bath for soft conditioning bubbles 
5. There isn't an overwhelming strong fragrance, but one that is mild and has that 'clean' scent. 
6. Finley's dry patches on his head have totally cleared up, before using PK baby I was tempted to put Liz Earle superskin serum on his head to help but now there is no need :D yay.
The only niggle people may have is the price, for a 500ml bottle it will set you back £18. It does seem a lot of money for a baby wash but you only need one pump and a little goes a long way. Plus it has given Finley the results I have been looking for so the big question is would I repurchase....yes.

If you want to read up a little more or even purchase PK Baby Shampoo and Bodywash you can here. I have my eyes on the Exfoliating Scalp mask as a new years treat!

I have a few more reviews planned for January and I am excited to share with you all what we love, whether it be Beauty, Life or Baby related :)

Please let me know if you love this product as much as me or if there is anything you recommend we try out!?

Love Kayleigh


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I am kind of dreading this new year resolution! Lets hope I can keep them going!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you keep it up, I love reading snippets of blogs every day....My resoloution is Youtube! I have a channel but im too scared to film lol! Matt keeps pestering me to do it. Once I have a video I will send you the link, you can be my first ever subscriber yay! Christmas was lovely thank you, hope yours was just as amazing! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh how exciting!!! Do it!!! I really wish I had the balls, but i dont seem to have any!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name of your blog x you have a new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by :) I have also followed back x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...