Tuesday 25 September 2012

Is there a money saving stigma?

My answer to that question is no not at all. 

Yes it is 2012 and we're in the 21st century but I still think that being thrifty is key for daily living especially when you have a baby.
I just want to give you an insight into what I do to save a few pounds here and there, trust me you will get addicted and never want to pay full price for anything ever again. 


All you need to do is ask my Husband how long it takes me to checkout online for anything and he will tell you it takes forever! Why? Because I'm on the search for discount codes, I would say 80% of the time I manage to find an active code online to get a % of the total price or free delivery. I just type into Google "discount code for ...." and usually the first couple of results list the newest codes. YAY! 

Another is having a gander on Martin Lewis - my all time favourite money saver is the Amazon Discount Finder you can save a small fortune with the loopholes. Also take a look on the forums - there are thrifters galore who can give you advice on anything from money worries to freebie grabbing. 

If you have coupons use them, some big supermarkets accept them against any item in store rather than what the original coupon is intended for. 

Don't fall for the obvious offers! Yes, sometimes you can save on multibuys and BOGOF offers but the majority of the time supermarkets are clever and tempt you to buy more than you need or, the item was cheaper before it was on offer! Cheeky Monkeys! 

Don't pay for delivery if you don't have too - Play.com offer free delivery on all items but be aware that delivery can take a week or more sometimes. Also if you are looking for books, click on the used section (just under the pic) - They are less than half the price and have only been read once or twice. Bargain! 

These are just a handful of general money saving tips I do without even noticing anymore. Once you get into the habit of taking a few extra minuets online bargain hunting you will preach the gospel of 'thrift' forever more. 

Coming soon - A dedicated post to baby thriftyness :) 

Do you save money when shopping or even on your debt? Let me know your tips and tricks 

Love Kayleigh x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...